Wednesday, June 1, 2011

TALKING ABOUT BELIEF

The largest part of this project is the process of talking to others about their belief and faith. Since belief is not something one should not follow unless they have thought rigorously about what they believe and why they believe it, I determined to talk with people around me about their belief. This was a means to get them to think and let their beliefs be brought out of their subconscious and into the conscious.

Another reason I pursued this part of this project is because talking about what one believes is not always in a safe setting like a classroom. One must be capable of discussing what is important to them and what others find important in a more vulnerable setting, where ideas can clash and fight against each other and sharpen in their impact.

What follows is my compilation, my archive, of those I spoke to and their answers to my questions relating to belief. Some of the interviews are direct audio recording transcribed. (I included my own speech so as to show where I partially influenced them. As much as I wanted them to come up with their own answers and be unbiased, nothing can be completely unbiased and I did effect their speech.) Some interviews are written responses. Some are answers from people I know personally. Others are from strangers I met while walking about my days. 




No comments:

Post a Comment